Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Weird dreams

For the last few days, I've been having odd, bizarre dreams. Last night was no different. Myself and a group of my friends (Michelle, Dan, Joe, and Brendan) were going to make a movie. This movie, while I'm a bit fuzzy on the plot, involved us live action filming animals, and then doing voice-overs for them. I think the animals were going to try and make a movie themselves, so it was a bit of meta-fiction. All the animals that were voiced by us had "opposite" personalities than the people voicing them, eg Brendan's goose was nice to everyone and was cleaning up after us all, Joe's chipmunk agreed with what everyone said, that sort of thing. Odd.
That's not the really weird part though, not that it gets surreal or anything. In coming up with a script, we decide that the film takes place near a coast, so we want to film in a coastal city, and not New York. Dan, for whatever reason, refuses to travel south, so I suggest we go out to Portland, mixing in a trip to see Devon. Hooray!
We take a train, to save money, and that part goes off without a hitch. As we're getting off the train, we meet Lou Cordani, who's surprised us by taking a plane out and meeting us. We all leave the train station and go to get on a bus, the only bus line there. We don't know where exactly we're going to film, but we decide we'll get on the bus, and get off when we see somewhere cool, then we'll call Devon and tell him to meet us there. Only a bus doesn't come. For like an hour. Then one bus comes, and drives right past us. We all freak out. By this time, there's other people waiting too. Another bus comes, and pulls up a block up the street, and a few people get on, I run after it, but it closes it's doors and pulls away, and I can't chase it down. There's a kid with a briefcase, he's the only one stuck with us waiting now. Everyone's getting antsy. Finally another bus is coming, I stand in the middle of the street to make sure it stops for us, and it does. I get on first, and push my way to the back, as a family of kids are just standing in the middle of the bus, oblivious to bus etiquette. I start yelling at them, and the bus driver tries to close the door on Michelle! I start seriously flipping out at this point, threatening violence. He opens the door, and everyone piles in on each other on the stairs of the bus, then get on and make their way to the back. And we have a surprise appearance, as Joe Jianetto has followed us out as a surprise, wearing an undershirt and a garish, too small, yellow and black checkered sportcoat. He and Lou start having a conversation about how Lou didn't bring boots, and that you should really have boots in this environment.
Then the dream ends and I wake up.

Now this is way too detailed, and complex, for me to believe that it means nothing. The only thing I've got is that J-Rod reminds me a lot of Kramer.

4 comments:

  1. The whole waiting for the bus thing reminds me of that night at the Magic Kingdom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it does kind of have that vibe to it, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two things:

    1) Portland is actually not a coastal city, but rather is situated at the confluence of two rivers, The Willamette and the Columbia.

    2) The bus represents your mother. (That is not a fat joke but rather an unresolved mother issue joke).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for getting me on the bus hon! Boots have been VERY important to my well-bring lately, I dig boots showing up in dreams.

    ReplyDelete